Connecticut and New York Child’s Rights Attorney
Attorney Phillip J. Cohn is dedicated to helping families with any type of child’s rights dispute, from early childhood to adulthood. He is experienced in education law, juvenile law, criminal law, and the laws governing children’s rights and special education. Attorney Phillip J. Cohn is a Partner at Goldman, Gruder & Woods, LLC, a full-service firm with experience in litigation, corporate, and real estate law.
A unique sensitivity to helping children and adults with disabilities and special needs
We know that children and adults with disabilities and special needs, such as learning disabilities and autism, face many unique challenges in the schools and courts. We recognize that it’s easy for parents and their children to feel scared and helpless when facing complex education laws and the criminal court system. With our help, you can rest assured that an experienced attorney, familiar with disabilities and special needs, will help you navigate this complex legal system and advocate for you and your child’s rights.
Working collaboratively every step of the way
We work closely with parents, schools, courts, and your child to fully understand the nature of your child’s problems, build awareness of your child’s challenges, and propose solutions. We explore all possible alternatives and take every step necessary to protect you and your child’s rights, if:
- Your child has special needs, such as autism or learning disabilities, and you need help acquiring appropriate educational services.
- Your child is facing suspension or expulsion from school.
- Your family is dealing with a residency dispute with the school system.
- You or your child has been accused of a crime or arrested.
- You or your child is facing academic or disciplinary charges from a college or university.
- Your family is dealing with a child custody and visitation matter.
- Your family is experiencing any type of child’s rights dispute, from early childhood to adulthood.
- When you or your child’s voice is taken away, we can help
If you feel that you or your child’s rights have been denied, and you need help navigating the complex educational and legal systems, we can help. We know the Connecticut and New York school systems and courts, and how to protect children. Contact us today!