Your child is a precious gift that means everything to you
Cohn & Paul, PLLC is dedicated to helping families with any type of child’s rights dispute, from early childhood to adulthood. He will fight to help protect you and your child from harm and ensure fair treatment in the schools and courts. Cohn & Paul, PLLC is of counsel to Goldman, Gruder & Woods, LLC, a full-service firm with experience in litigation, corporate, and real estate law.
Protecting children and adults with disabilities and special needs
Cohn & Paul, PLLC has a unique sensitivity to helping children and adults with disabilities and special needs. We are knowledgeable regarding the many special challenges children and adults with disabilities face in the schools and courts. We are experienced in education law, juvenile law, criminal law, and the laws governing children’s rights and special education. The firm is skilled in identifying problems, proposing remedies, and negotiating solutions to protect the rights of children and adults with disabilities, including:
- Autism / Asperger Syndrome / Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Depression and Anxiety
We will advocate for you and your child’s rights if:
- Your child has special education needs, such as autism or learning disabilities, and you need help acquiring appropriate educational services and/or out-of-district placement.
- Your child is facing suspension or expulsion from school.
- You or your child has been accused of a crime or arrested.
- Your child is the victim of bullying, harassment, or cyberbullying.
- Your family is dealing with a divorce, child custody, or visitation matter.
- You or your child is facing academic or disciplinary charges from a college or university.
- Your family is dealing with a residency dispute with the school system.
- Your family is dealing with a DCF investigation or juvenile court matter.
- Your family is experiencing any type of child’s rights dispute, from early childhood to adulthood.
If you feel that you or your child’s rights have been denied, and you need help navigating the complex educational and legal systems, we can help. We know the Connecticut and New York school systems and courts, and how to protect children. Contact us today!